It's refreshing and good for you!
Did you ever wish there was a healthy alternative to soda pop? Something that had that nice zing and was refreshing, but was actually good for you instead of bad for you. Well I think I found it! I was inspired by a drink named GGMS (or Good Girl Moonshine) by it's creator. You can find it here . One day a friend gave me some lime sparkling water and I decided to use the ingredients that made the GGMS healthy, but to make my own drink. Voila, Lime twister was born and boy is it GOOD!
- 2 cans Lime flavored sparkling water (no other additives but water and natural lime flavor)
- 1-2T Apple Cider Vinegar (Raw is best)
- 1t Ginger -ground or powder (you can also use juice or grated to taste)
- 7 shakes NuNaturals NuStevia Extract (This is the non-bitter kind)
- Enough ice to fill to 1 qt
- Squeeze of Lime Juice (optional, but gives extra zip)
Making this is simple. The most important thing to remember is to put the sparkling water in first as it tends to bubble over if you pour over the other ingredients. (Yes, I know this from experience). You can either make this in a quart jar or a 1 qt drink cup. This is what I use.
Once the water is in, add the rest of the ingredient except the ice. Give it a good shake or whisk and then add the ice (I liked crushed ice, but any ice will work). Now you are ready to enjoy! Give it a shake or stir every once and a while and sip away, it will be gone before you know it. =)
If you are eating THM style, this would be considered FP and weight loss promoting.
Sip with confidence, knowing you are boosting your health and weight loss!
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
- Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
- It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
- ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
- A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps you feel full
- Aids digestion
- Helps manage glucose levels
- Helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Protects Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Helps the Body Absorb Nutrients
- Helps with Morning and Motion Sickness
- Improves Circulation
- Blocks Acid from Heartburn
- Relieves Gas
- Provides Pain Relief
- Clears Sinuses
- Strengthens Immunity
- Helps Boost Metabolism
Find more great, healthy recipes at Gwen's Nest and Stacy Makes Cents, they host a Trim Healthy Tuesday each week with lots of link ups to great recipes and tips that fit into THM Style.