Pages

Share butons

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sugar and Carb Free Hot Coco

Sugar and Carb Free Hot Coco

I know I haven't blogged in a while, life has been crazier than normal the last month. New niece born, engagement in the family and starting a new way of eating. It is this new way of eating (inspired by the Trim Healthy Mama book) that brings us to this post. I made hot chocolate last night that was not only sugar free and carb free, but delicious and good for you. Ya, right you say. I am serious this really good for you.
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (isolate is better)
  • 1 TBL coco powder
  • pinch of salt
  • dash of vanilla (the real stuff is better)
  • dash of NuNaturals stevie or about a tsp of truvia (this is really to taste)
  • optional- if you want it really creamy you can add a dash of cream, but this will add some fat to it.

Blend this all together well and heat up. The beauty of this recipe is that it is low fat, low carb and high protein. It make a perfect nutritious snack and if you eat Trim Healthy Mama style (more about this later) this would be a fuel pull. =)

As a side note if you are looking for a healthy way of eating or losing weight look into Trim Healthy Mama. I am really enjoying it, it doesn't make me feel hungry, I am eating good healthy food and it is good tasting food. When I have some significant progress to report I will do a better review on here. For now just know it is worth checking out. =)


This post is now linked up to Trim Healthy Tuesday put together by Stacey Makes Cents and Gwen's Nest

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your posting. I couldn't agree more about how things clicked with the book. It makes wonderful sense. I love your post and I love the pictures. I haven't tried any of these recipes yet but I'm looking forward to it now. I, too, have made weight-loss progress and have so enjoyed the food along the way. What a Godsend this book is. Keep up the good work.
    Sincerely,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I bet this is just as delicious COLD! :-) Yummy! Thanks for linking up to Trim Healthy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stay away from hot chocolate as its usually full of sugar. This really hit the spot. Delicious, will be having it again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete